Running blower on high speed for heating

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

gordo48111

My daughter's home has poor air flow at all of the registers and I suspect a problem with the ducting. The home has no slab or rock base beneath it, just muck, and no one wants to get under there. There is little, if any, difference in the air flow with the closet door open and access panel off. The blower wheel is not caked with dirt. Air flow improves somewhat when stat is set to fan on. There is a 2-speed blower motor in her DGAT075BDD Coleman furnace and I would like to know in what manner you would recommend wiring it to high speed for heating - a jumper on the control board perhaps? Thanks.
"Man...that blowed up real good!"
Bill

Hi, It looks like if you switch the cool and heat wires on your control board it should run in high speed. Please keep in mind that if you don't switch the wires back your a/c will run on low speed.
Bill
Please remember to check and change your filters.
gordo48111

My quest is to find the best way to run the blower on high for heat and cool, leave it that way, and not be concerned about how it is wired.
"Man...that blowed up real good!"
flcruising

I'm not familiar with your model, but on my furnace, I can jumper which speed wire I want (mine is 4 speed) to both fan speed terminals on the blower relay to get the same for both heat and cool.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
DaleM

You don't say whether it is a double wide or single wide home, also assuming a split system ac. Could be a crossover over duct had either fallen off or been torn up by critters. Pull some skirting when the fan is running, if you getting "real" good air flow at the opening this could be your problem.