fan? on constantly and pretty loud.

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

tracytaylor

Hi, I'm a very new mobile home owner (about 10 days) My home has a Coleman Evcon Presidential that was pretty dusty and had no filter when I moved in (I've since vacuumed it out and put in a filter. Being a new mobile home owner I'm not quite sure what is "normal". There is a "fan" that seems to be on almost contantly that I can really only hear in the one bedroom closest to the furnace. It's loud enough that I can hear it outside the home as well if I'm standing by that same bedroom. The furnace runs great. Doesn't blow until the air is hot, doesn't short cycle, etc. Should this "fan" in my attic (I'm still guessing at this point) be running this much? Is there something else I can clean? I don't want to call for service just yet as I am a single Mom and don't want to be taken advantage of just because of my ignorance. I'm pretty handy and am not afraid to tackle a good project but I'm not sure what I'm doing at this point! Can you help me?
dzimmer

Maybe you have a blend air system that is not working properly, it is normal that they run quite a bit. Check it out here http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ArticleBlendAir.html