furnace not lighting

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

gerryf1952

I have a G9T 10020 coleman evcon in my house and`sometimes it does not light by itself it will cycle the three times then the blower motor will come on and blow cool air. I have changed the flame sensor and the igniter. Last night I happened to be down next to it when the furnace was not lighting and the water heater was on at the same time I recycled it about 6 times watching the flame and it would only light the first burner by the igniter like it had low pressure. The valve was clicking open I could hear that. So I shut off the water heater let everything set for about 10 minutes turned the furnace switch back on and it lit. I tried the hotwater heater but it was evidently hot enough that it would not come on. I guess I was wondering if the Lp regulator which is new this year could be set at the wrong pressure and if both happen to run at the same time the furnace would not light. I get no troubleshooting signal for some reason.
Hope you can help,
Gerry
Greg

Gerry, I would give your LP supplier a call. I does sound like a good possibility to me. I would have them put a gauge on it, It may very well be a regulator problem.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
gerryf1952

Lp company came and checked regulator it checked out ok but switched it out anyways since it was an intermittent problem to see if it would fix it. It did not fix it. They had their gauge on it and it was set at proper setting I believe it was 11. Can you tell me which way to go next would it be the gas valve in the furnace not working properly or is there some other safety device that would only let a small amount of pressure to the burner?
DaleM

Was the furnace set up properly to run LP gas?
Greg

From your description of the problem it still sounds like a supply problem to me. The fact that they each run fine one at a time and the problem occurs when they run at the same time sounds to me like there just is not enough volume of gas.

When they checked the system were BOTH the furnace & water heater running? Where did they gauge it, at the tank or at the appliance?

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."