Pressure switch bypassing for testing

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

TrainWreck

Cloleman home heating unit
Model: DGAA077BDTB

Is it possible to BYPASS my units pressure switch to test if the part is bad or not? I.E. if i connect the two wire terminals via a wire will the switch then be bypassed and run the heater without the part operating? I have already gone ahead and placed an order for the part regardless, however, it would really be nice to actualy know if the part is bad or not! Local HVAC GUY CHARGED ME $119 DOLLARS U.S. TO JUST TELL ME IT COULD POSSIBLY BE MY PROBLEM but REFUSED to replace the part while he was here saying that without knowing for a fact it was the problem he could not replace the part IN GOOD CONSCIENCE. I find this absurd and refuse to call this moron back to just recharge another 119 dollar service fee wether he does any work or not! There has GOT TO BE A WAY to test these silly parts!!!! Any suggestions?
Please help?
TY.
TW.
Robert

Hi TW,

So he charged $119.00 for a guesstimate ???? IF he did not do the work to determine the problem, he would NOT have been paid.

They can be tested by a experienced and reputable hvac tech to know for sure. I would not advise bypassing it as it is a safety part.

It may or may not actually be the pressure switch causing the problem.

I offer troubleshooting steps through email for a $20 fee if you're interested. Let me know and I will give the link to pay.

It will not absolutely tell whether it is the pressure switch or not. It will give a fairly close idea of it though.

To know for sure would require an hvac tech to actually do the work that the other rip off artist got paid $119 for.

Sorry that happened to you, but please in the future do not pay until the work is actually done.

Basically, he charged $119 to not do what I will almost do for $20.

You will get more info for $99 less.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi TW,

Just as an added note, if you pay the $20 fee and detail to me in an email what is happening, I may have a good idea of whether it is the pressure switch.

IF I feel it is not, then you can get a refund minus shipping IF you do not install it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?