Coleman/Evcon DGAT056BDC Issue

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Surfcity

Hello, my first post here. I had a repair guy come to check my furnace today that has had an issue with it lighting. He inspected the furnace and stated it was the induction motor and he could not replace that part as it was not available and gave us an estimate of $3,600 for a new furnace. He pointed to the top portion of the inducer motor that is covered with tin as the problem. See the link below and it is pictured in one of the diagrams on your website below with ignition switch problem. The black Motor and above is a tin plate housing what is that? I do not have the money to replace and am trying to figure out if parts for the above model coleman furnace exist and if I was getting a runaround or being told the truth. Thanks for anyhelp!

Kevin
Surfcity

Here is the link that shows the black motor and the tin plate like housing above it.

http://mobilehomerepair.com/articlefurnace.html
Robert

Hi Kevin,

You were being hacked or told an untruth by someone severely lacking of the knowledge needed to perform the job they were trying to do.

My professional opinion is you were being ripped off.

The canister is the motor wheel housing (small squirrel cage inside).

Open it up and see if it needs cleaning and dust off the motor.

Very rare to need to replace anything except the booster motor. Usually just needs cleaning or tightening down where the mounting has come loose.

Let me know if motor is bad or wheel is damaged.

Parts are available.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Surfcity

Hi Robert, thank you for the help and your opinion was right on. The first repairman was in all purposes a Thief and was trying to con us into a new unit. Called another company a great experienced guy came out had it running in less than a half hour and replaced the necessary part (Nothing to do with the inducer motor) and I am now enjoying more heat and overall better performace. If I ever need any further help or parts I will contact you. Thank you!

Kevin
Robert

Hi Kevin,

You're very welcome, happy to help. Glad it is running again, sorry for the bad experience.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?