DGAT070BDD Heater

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

robfire820

I have owned the house for 3 years now and keep having an ignition failure code on the heater - 1 flash on the indicator board - To date the circuit board has been replaced twice the ignitor 3 times and a new gas valve, but the heater fails to keep up when it gets cold out any suggestions? Thanks Rob
Robert

Hi Rob,

Pull the remote flame sensor and clean the rod with steel wool. Do not touch it with your hands and be careful not to damage the ceramic shroud.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
robfire820

Sensor removed and cleaned still having the same problem. House is down to 55 degrees and its 5 outside. The furnace lights but as soon as the fan comes on the fire goes out, then it lights for 30 seconds to a minute and goes out again. That cycle repeats itself about 5 to 6 times then it shuts down, giving me the 1 flash ignition failure message. Rob
robfire820

Found this out about the heater after some searching. http://www.dgatprogram.com/
It seems that some of these Coleman heaters have issues, supposedly mine was checkout but after contacting Coleman it never was.

I am now waiting on someone to come check it out.
Robert

Hi Rob,

That was the next thing I was going to ask IF the flame sensor cleaning did not help. ALL Coleman furnaces that fell under the recall program needed to be inspected and repaired if there was a problem.

You could have issues with your heat exchanger.

IF they do not find anything wrong or cannot resolve this, with all that has been done, I would recommend a good reputable hvac contractor to take a look at it. Preferrably one who does work on MH hvac units.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?