eb23b

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jimj2011

Hello,

I am having 2 problems with a eb23b heating coils.

First : the top heating coil unit has a upper and lower heating coil on it. While the furnace is not running the bottom coil (of top heating coil) will click on and heat up for approx 10 to 15 seconds and kick (click) back off and it will do this every 2 minutes or so. I put a new sequencer on it last year and I wonder if it is bad or what is telling it to come on an off like that.

Second : When the furnace comes the bottom coils come on ( bottom unit of heating coil ) and the top unit of coils, the bottom coils comes on and only the first coil on the left side gets red on the upper set of top coil unit. I killed all the power and took out the top unit of coils and they were all fine and intact. what can cause the last 2 loops of coil not to get red ?

Thank You for your help and time.

Jim
Robert

Hi Jim,

For the heating elements to become energized, one of two things must occur. Either there is power getting through on the sequencer side due to a short or stuck sequencer contact. Or, part of the element coil has fallen down and is touching the frame or wall of furnace creating a pathway back to breaker and providing power to the coil.

The coils are not or do not always turn red and remain red and aglow during the time they energized.

IF they are receiving a full 240vac across them and are pulling the rated amps, then they are working fine at that moment.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?