Evcon EB15B not heating properly

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

cajunviking

Hello,
My girlfriend has evcon eb15b that is not putting as much heat out as it once did. A tech told us the elements were fine and left it at that. I did a little investigating and arrived at your site, which has given me some good places to start. I will be doing some testing with multi-meter and amp probe to see what is going on.
A preliminary look showed the following; when setting the t-stat to call for heat the blower comes on, but don't see a glow from the coils. then setting it back to no heat, the blower shuts down and the coils begin to glow (it looks like a sequence) for about 5 sec., then shut down.

Any input would be gratefully appreciated. I going to start testing everything .

Thank you,
Barry
Robert

Hi Barry,

The Sequencer is most common for that. It controls the blower and the elements.

Sequencer # 3115 - 3571 can be seen and ordered here if needed by paging down :

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... -sequencer

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
cajunviking

Thanks Robert. I kinda had that suspicion. I'll be checking it out tomorrow when I get there. I'll let you know what I find.

Barry
Robert

Hi Barry,

Keep me posted if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
cajunviking

Hi Robert,
Well the sequencer did the trick. Not bad for a $20.00 part. Thank you and the "forum" again for all your help. Now, my Mom wants me to look at hers. It's a "Presidential", so I guess I'll check it out and start reading more posts on the forum. Thanks again.

Barry
Robert

Hi Barry,

You're very welcome, happy to help. $20 part means you didn't order from us. These forums don't get built and remain here for free.

Try seeing if the place where you got that $20 part will offer and provide all the help and info we do.

Might want to consider that in the future.

Thanks,
Robert