Standard Blend Air II question

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dd716ted

When the outside temperature is in the high 90's and the roof area around the air intake even hotter, and we are trying to use the heat pump A/C to keep the house cool.. is it a good idea to turn the Blend Ait system off? It seems to me that the furnace/ac will have to work even harder to cool the small amount of outside hot air brought in thru the Blend Air system.. Thoughts??
Robert

Hi,

Cha-Ching, Cha-Ching !! That's why I don't like that system and most hvac techs don't either.

IF it is hooked up correctly, it bypasses the a-coil and warms the cooled air coming through your duct(s).

IF hooked up wrong, it places an increased heat load on the coil and makes it work harder to cool the home and maintain a comfortable temp.

In winter it does same thing except it cools the air and makes the furnace work harder.

Unless you never open a door or window, you don't need that fresh air. For removing attic cavity heat, there are better ways that won't interfere with your hvac system.

Just my thoughts on it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?