Water inside A/C duct near furnace room

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

WildIrish

I noticed water pooling inside the A/C duct that's closest to the furnace room, but am unsure about how it got there. It doesn't seem to be from condensation (despite the humidity lately) because it's not on the sides, just the bottom of the duct.

This duct is right beside the washer, too, but I don't feel any damp areas of the carpet, so I don't think it's leaking into the nearby duct. I get the feeling that the water might be coming out of the indoor Coleman blower unit (the A/C itself is behind the house), though I'm not 100% sure.

If it helps, here's the info on the Coleman unit that's inside the house:
Model #: DGAE080CDK
Serial #: W0F6557001

Any help appreciated...can't risk losing our A/C during the hottest month of the year! :(
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/2v9p75c.gif[/img]
Robert

Hi,

Check for the following:

dirty filter
dirty a-coil
dirty blower motor wheel
faulty blower motor
crack in plastic drain pan or rust hole/crack in metal drain pan
clog in drain line
damaged, corroded a-coil fins allowing water to fall off of coil

Those are most common, the first four can cause a frozen coil and overflow when it thaws.

IF all is ok and you're sure washer is not leaking, then will need to call out an hvac tech.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
WildIrish

I'll have to have an HVAC tech out, anyway, because the furnace room is so tiny, I simply couldn't begin to access the unit--even changing filters is tough. But I'll print out your post so that the technician can check all those things, and see that's going on.

Thanks!
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/2v9p75c.gif[/img]
Robert

Hi,

Add checking for correct refrigerant charge to the list also, that can cause a frozen coil as well.

You have to determine whether it is due to a component failure/malfunction or whether it is due to excessive condensation around coil.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?