Removing a burner assembly

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

archive

I have a Coleman 7655-856. I read all i could find about the thermocoupler needing to be replaced. But no my problem is i cant get to the other end of the TC. It looks as if i have to take the WHOLE unit apart just to get to it.

It does not slide thru the hole in the front.

Any help would be awesome...thank you.

AJ
archive

In many cases you have to remove the entire burner assembly to replace the thermocouple.

hvac1000
archive

I agree..and that’s probably my case. I have the entire burner loose, by taking off the small front panel, it just won't turn and come out thru the hole. So it seems that I may have to take the entire front panel off. Unless there's some obscure panel that will allow me to get back there I'm just not seeing.

AJ
archive

The only item you should need to remove is the small panel that holds the burner in. Try not to tear the gasket because you will have to buy a new one if you do. Look into the inspection port to see if for some strange reason something is preventing the burner from coming out.The entire front to the furnace should not have to be removed for burner service.

hvac1000
archive

You remove the mounting plate and it should come out. Can you take a pic and post it ?

Thanks,
Robert
archive

THANX, I got it out. I just had to twist it around a little...guess i was getting impatient..lol

Anyway, i put a new 24" universal thermocouple and it runs good as new

AJ
archive

You're very welcome, glad you got it working.

Thanks,
Robert