My unit's fine - Am asking about the ducts

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

WildIrish

Our Coleman furnace is in the middle of our double-wide, and heat comes out great from the middle of the MH, all the way to the back bedrooms.

Our problem is the living room, on the other end of the house.

The air that's coming out is lukewarm, at best. It's never been particularly warm, but it's especially noticeable since these blasts of arctic air have been bringing temps near zero, or below.

Any ideas of what could be causing this? Any help is appreciated. :)
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/2v9p75c.gif[/img]
Robert

Hi,

Holes and/or separations in main ducts or in the crossover duct beneath home IF this room is on opposite side of home from furnace.

Remove registers and use flashlight and mirror to inspect ducts from above. Lay light down in duct and go to next register and look back toward light with a mirror.

OR, lay a good digital camera with flash in duct and take some pics, put them on computer and enlarge for good look see at duct.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
WildIrish

Thanks - I'll give that a try!
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/2v9p75c.gif[/img]
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

The digi camera thing is the best for inspecting ducts.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
ponch37300

I used a digital camera to check out my ducts this past summer and it works great. Have to get it lined up just right so it can take a couple shots to see what you want.