Coleman roof jack installation

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

archive

Been in the HVAC buisness for 16 years running service comercially mostly.

I'm getting ready to install a furnace in my buudy mobile home. I'm replacing the roof jack and the installation instruction for the roof jack says just slide the telescoping sleeve down over furnace flue connection, there is also an inside smaller pipe for the exhaust and it appears as though it just slides over the furnace connection and then the bigger sleeve is screwed into furnace connection. Is that all I should do? I know you have to use roof tar and etc on top the roof etc. What I'm wondering about is the connection at the furnace. I've never installed a roof jack for a mobile home before and want to make sure I reading this right.Does anyone have any experience installing roof jack on a Coleman Evcon moblie home furnace? Maybe a website with a diagram and instructions or something??Thanks.

hv
archive

See the link below. Maybe that link is the same sheet that came with your furnace. It says to pull down the sleeve over/onto the gasket and secure with screws. The gasket can look like a flat rope that goes around the flew. It can be kind of hard to get the pipe down over the gasket.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/media/i ... ofjack.pdf

Mark