The Hum is now a roar and it's killing me !

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Hi, I live in San Diego in a very warm/dry climate. I bought a new mobile home after the fires hit out here (May 2004) and I have the coleman deluxe blend air II unit in my home.

Originally when I heard the hum coming from what I now understand to be the attic fan I was concerned with the sound it made to my quiet well insulated home.

Now the quiet hum has become a loud roar. I don't care what purpose this Blend Air Attic Fan Blower Assembly serves I need the noise from it gone! ! ! ! ! !

What are my options ? I need this to go away!

I don't even mind if the only solution is to completely cut the power to the whole furnace, considering we are heading into summer and I wont be using the heat anyway but it seemed that when I tried to cut the breaker to the furnace the ROAR remained.

Please offer me some solutions to this.

Is there anything up on the roof I can do to quiet this pain ?

Thanks

Mike
Yanita

Hi,

Please post the make and model number of your unit. Also read the posting tips as more info may be needed.

Thanks, Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Robert

Hi Mike,

Go here for troubleshooting steps for the Blend Air System:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ArticleBlendAir.html

Have you went up on roof and checked for a problem with Fan Motor ?

It is for mixing fresh air with inside air and also to remove heat and moisture from attic area to reduce condensation, mold and mildew.

Other than above, you would need to call a Tech experienced in these type systems.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?

The model number is

Coleman Deluxe Blend Air II

7681-8171/B

I have read about how to troubleshoot the unit. The unit works fine. The problem is again with the LOUD hum coming from the attic fan.

Can I go up and just disconnect the fan power from on the roof? I know most information I have read says it has to stay connected but moisture shouldn't be a problem for me here in San Diego.

Thanks
Robert

Hi Mike,

If the hum is loud enough to bother you, it is not running right.

I cannot tell how to disconnect it as it would make me liable for any damage resulting from that.

Moisture and condensation come from heat build up in attic area.

Also from cool air at night and winter time.

Your wiring diagram should give all info needed to do what you wish to do, I just can't advise or instruct how to do it.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?