Coleman 3400A812 fan not turning off

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

archive

Hi,
I am new to the site and saw a few forum posts similar to the problem with my furnace unit so I figured I would give it a try. The problem I am having is with my Coleman Electric furnace model #3400A812. For about two days when the furnace would cycle, it seemed to have a problem shutting off. It would make a sound like it was attempting to shut off two or three times before finally shutting down. Now today it is not even attempting to shut down. The fan continues to run no matter what position the control switches are in. I have tried the system in the Heat, Standby, and Cool positions, and with the fan switch in the Auto and Run positions.

I have tried bypassing my 2-wire thermostat running open and closed with no results. The unit is still heating when the thermostat is closed and blows cool while open. My next attempt was to replace the fan relay which also had no results, the fan just won't shut off. If anyone has any insight as to what might cause this, your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Corey
archive

I believe you need a new sequencer. part # 3110-3571

This item controls the blower and heating elements for the furnace. Looks like the blower section on the sequencer got stuck and will not let the blower turn off.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

hvac1000
archive

I installed the new sequencer today and everything is working great. Thanks for the help hvac1000!

-Corey
archive

Glad to be of help.

hvac1000