Quick question for a COLEMAN 3500 A816 split system...

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

kamiller73

FYI.. it's working fine, but recently we had a guy come out to look at it to do a tune up or whatever it is they're suppose to do and he said we had like 5 coils that were completly clogged and needed to be replaced. Now the way I understood it, it was just the coils which he hand guestured were small that he was going to replace and when the guy came by today he had a big box with him so I suppose he was going to replace the whole thing (evaporator coil). He originally told me he was just going to replace those 5 coils so I got confused. Is he just out to make a buck on a poor (literally) girl?? :oops: Any input on this would be appreciated.
kamikaze
kamiller73

Oh and one other thing, isn't the evaporator coil on the bottom of the unit?? Cuz when you look down into it from the top you can't see the coils at all and he never took the whole unit out or took off the front panel to examine the coils. Sorry if this is a silly question.
kamikaze
Johnny

I would get someone else to check it also
If I can't fix it -- I ask questions
Robert

Hi,

You can't just replace some of the coils, you have to replace all or nothing if that is what is needed.

Downflow furnaces :

Gas furnace = A-Coil at bottom

Electric furnace = A- Coil at top

Get another reputable hvac tech for a second opinion.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
kamiller73

yea that's what i figured. ok thanks alot guys!!!
kamikaze
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?