Furnace clicks, doesn't ignite.

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

archive

I have two Coleman Presidential 7900 Series-Direct Vent Forced Air Gas Furnaces. One on each end of my Triple Wide. One of them, will ignite normally, but the other one wil ignite sometimes. The pilot is lit, but the burners don't come one every time. I can hear the click from the unit, if it is going to work, but most of the time it does not kick on. Even if I set the thermostat to on run, it only blows out cold air!

The Model Number is: 7975C856 and the S/N is: 049276218.

Is that enough information to get some help?

Wally
archive

What are you hearing click ?

Thanks,
Robert
archive

The only click I hear is when I turn the thermostat on..if it clicks, I know that it will ignite, but when I turn it on and I don't hear the click, it does not ignite. Someone mentioned that the unit has an "Automatic Combustion Air Damper" unit that could be bad. It is wired from the Power Combustion Relay. IS that something that could cause the problem?

Wally
archive

You don't have a booster/Combustion motor or relay.

Bypass or wire around the t-stat to see if it works properly.

Could be t-stat if that is what you're hearing click.

Thanks,
Robert
archive

Robert, thanks for getting back to me. The click I hear is not from the T-stat, I listen closley to the furnace when I turn the T-stat on. The click comes from the furnace as can be heard when it is going to ignite. It clicks when it is going to ignite, but when I turn the T-stat on and the furnace does not click..it does not ifnite. My furnace at the other end of the house dorks just fine when you trun the T-stat on the unit clicks and a minute later the durners ignite!

Wally
archive

Robert, the repairman form the gas company fixed my problem. It was the auto combustion chamber switch. It was spradicly opening and closing. Now it works fine. The part was $75.00.

Thanks again!

Wally