install problem CP9C100C20MP11A

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bob98042

New installation has a whistle noise. It appear exactly when the burn starts. Sounds like a steam whistle like teapot. I took bottom cover off and can not locate source. Whistle happens for several minutes on burn cycles.

The exhaust has a gurgle if the furnace is off a couple hours. One time took one hour to get heat. It cycled on perhaps the accumulator blower for two minutes, then off , and back on with the accumulator like fan noise for an hour before the burner came on. There was two red flashes on the diagnostics window between those two minute cycles. When cycle was fan motor on there was two yellow flashes and flickering rapid green on another diagnostic bank.

Also did not pass city inspection. Piping issues. And low spot on exhaust.

I may take top cover off to see if I can find source. It is set up down flow.
Johnny

if this is a new furnace I would say that it is bad and have who ever you bought it from replace it with a new one. should be under warranty. I am not a HVAC but that is my thoughts.

Johnny
If I can't fix it -- I ask questions
Robert

Hi,

Leave it alone and call installer asap before warranty is voided. They love to void warranties and save money.

Thanks Johnny.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?