Airflow direction

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

solveg

What is the airflow direction on the standard wall-mount coleman?
Solveg, near Wichita KS, 1985 Fleetwood "Oak Knoll" Single wide, 14x80. No renovation experience.
Robert

Hi,

Return or supply air ? What is unit Model Number ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
solveg

Ummmm.... see? Everything* gets complicated. I have no idea what the return or supply means. I don't want to take the cover off again because it was hard to get back in. I just want to know if I put the furnace filters in going the right direction. At home, there was a little arrow on the furnace that said "air flow".

This is a wall mount, with 2 filters that slide inside a cover, and you have to hold them while you put the cover back on the unit. The choice is airflow going into the unit or out from the unit. I'm assuming the airflow is in towards the unit since I have ductwork, but there is dust on the louvres of the cover which implies blowing out* though the louvres, and I do feel some airflow from there.

If I have to take it apart again to get the model number, I will, but I think this is a pretty generic question.
Solveg, near Wichita KS, 1985 Fleetwood "Oak Knoll" Single wide, 14x80. No renovation experience.
hvac1000

The supply side is where the air blows out the return is where the air is taken in.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
solveg

Thanks, everyone. I got the number for an HVAC guy to come out and look everything over and fix my duct work and check my AC and furnace.

May as well start out on the right foot.

Solveg
Robert

You're very welcome. Having a Tech inspect everything is always a good idea.

There are upflow, downflow, ducted, nonducted, etc...., without model number there is no way to give concise answer.

Nothing about HVAC is generic.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?