Coleman Presidential~No Filter

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Santot

HI!
I bought an old mobile home (1973) in January and have a Coleman Presidential that has no filter. I looked online and found where I could buy one along with the metal bracket/holder thing but have not gotten around to doing it. My question is...is this a bad thing that there is no filter? What are the effects of no filter? Can I buy one at Home Depot or do I have to buy it on line since it is so old? Do I put the filter on the top panel or bottom panel or on both? I'm sorry about all the questions but I really don't have a clue as to what I am doing!

I love this forum especially the women on here that know what they are doing and aren't afraid to do it! Like I said, I have no clue!
:oops: Tessa
Robert

Hi,

What is your furnace model number ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Santot

The model # is 7670, Series 856. I hadn't gotten back to you cuz I'm trying to fix up the outside while the weather is nice!
Thanks
Robert

Hi,

Never run unit without a clean filter, it will allow dirt/dust buildup.

That will inhibit furnace operation, shorten life of unit and could cause major damage and/or a fire hazard condition.

The filter and filter clips go behind top door panel.

You may can find filter elsewhere, not sure about finding the clips.

Both can be seen and ordered from here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanFilters.html

Thanks for inquiring and allowing us to assist you.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?