Coleman 7680B need help

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

boboleeenk

I just read a post from someone who is having the exact same problem as I'm having (only his was on a different model)- the fan runs all the time; doesn 't shut off. Please forgive me for duplicating a previous post- I'm not to familiar with this forum thing but hopefully I'll get more savvy as time goes on. I could sure use some help on the perpetual fan thing . Thanks in advance.
Last edited by boboleeenk on Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still kickin!
Robert

Hi,

Do you still need help ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
boboleeenk

Thanks to this forum, the problem has been resolved!
After posting in the forum, and being replied to, I was able to check the fan and limit sWitches with my multa meter-I had to replace the fan switch and a limit switch-they both tested bad. After replacement,however, the fan kept running-would not shut off.
I stumbled on to the solution.This story might be of interest/helpful to other readers.
While checking the switches , I had inadvertantly placed my hand along side the right side of the fan(between the fan and the right side of the furnace. I had done this several times and it finally dawned on me that there was air flow(a lot of air flow)blowing out the right side(rear end) of the fan. After realizing this and thinkg about it a minute, I realized that there probably wasn't much air traveling downward into the duct work.
I removed the cover to inspect "A COIL" (and as soon as I did, within seconds, the fan shut off! The A COIL WAS COMPLETELY PLUGGED_IT WAS COVERED WITH DIRT AND LINT,DUST ETC.
There was no air travelling downward into the ductwork,which meant that the HOT AIR COULDN'T ESCAPE OUT OF THE HEAT CHAMBER , enough to let the fan shut off.Also, the burner was cycling,kept lighting, so the heat chamber kept heating-luckily the limit switch would shut it(the burner), down, but the fan kept running, because it couldn't shut off,even though I had replaced the two switches.
So, thanks to you all,(this forum),because I have no experience and know how,and a little luck and some common sense(which I HAVE been blessed with),I got it resolved.
Thank u for this web site- I COULDN'T OPERATE WITHOUT IT!
I hope this reply will be helpful to someone else who may have similar issues !
Thanks again for all of your help and your willingness to share your knowledge and experience with others who can benefit from you. This world needs more people like you. :lol:
Still kickin!
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help. That's great news, glad you found it and got it going again.

Yep, them a-coils getting plugged will do it every time and although not used for heat unless heat pump, the air must pass through it none the less.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?