Coleman Evcon DLAS075BDD

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

WrenchBender

We have a Coleman Evcon DLAS075BDD which has recently come up with the flash code of ignition failure. Have checked all parts concerned and have narrowed it down to the integrated circuit board. What I want to know is what is the difference between 7990-319P and 7990-320P?

Thanks,
WrenchBender
hvac1000

Unless you have both boards in front of you there is no way to tell the difference from here. The manufacturer made the boards different for some reason and more that likely it is a change of component used in the furnace that necessitated the board difference. I know you cannot sub one of those boards for another of a different number. The furnace is designed to run with just one model number board. To much of a risk to try a different board unless specified by the factory. More damage could be done to the gas valve ignition system ETC.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
WrenchBender

Great....thank you! The part number on the board in the furnace is 7990-320P but I have saw on various sites that 7990-319P is also compatable with our furnace. Will stick to the same circuit board that is in the furnace.

Again, thank you!

WrenchBender
Robert

Hi,

7990-319P IS the correct board for that furnace.

Control Board 7990-319P @ $171 + $8 shipping.

It can be seen and ordered from this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
WrenchBender

We replaced the mother board last spring and now it is has started flashing the same "ignition failure" code. What gives? I am stumped....any suggestions???
Robert

Hi,

The top three causes of Ignition Failure code are:

Dirty/damaged remote sensor:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/TechTip1.html

Hot Surface Ignitor (inspect real well)/ It is very fragile and easily broken.

DO NOT touch either with bare fingers or hands.

Faulty Gas Valve - Test GV terminals for 24-28VAC after Ignitor has energized with 120VAC for approx. 35 seconds.

Gas Valve will energize for approx. 6 seconds, if remote sensor senses flame it will remain energized.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?