blend air w/coleman furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

msK

I have a Coleman furnace DGAA056BDTA w/deluxe blend air. I don’t understand the reason for the blend air. There is plenty of air supply with the undercut door and big grill on the furnace closet. The blend air motor sounds like it comes on first. Does the furnace then turn on a draft inducer blower? The blend air vents into the furnace cabinet and it allows this outside air to be blown through the ducts with the warm air. Why would I want cold air mixed with my heated air? And the furnace flue terminates just 3’ from the blend air motor in take? Why would I want the furnace exhaust to be sucked back into my home by the air blend? Am I missing something. thanks
Robert

The Deluxe Blend air mixes fresh outside air with the return air to keep it more fresh and better quality air inside home.

The air if cold will be warmed as it crosses heat chamber just as return air is, so cold air is not entering home.

It is also a 2 part system and the other part is that it removes hot or moist air from attic area to reduce chance of condensation and moisture which leads to mold and mildew.

The roofjacks are designed as such that the exhaust gaseous fumes are not pulled back into home.

The blend air comes on in a timed manner.

The Booster Motor is first to come on with a call for Heat.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?