No Heat - AC but fan won't turn off.

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rayarbrough

I have a Coleman Model DGAT056BDD.

The heat will not come on but the fan runs continuously. The AC works but again the fan won't turn off without turning off the AC.
Have bypassed the thermostat with no success. This started right after lightning struck a tree behind the home, which also zapped my phone.
hvac1000

rayarbrough wrote:I have a Coleman Model DGAT056BDD.

The heat will not come on but the fan runs continuously. The AC works but again the fan won't turn off without turning off the AC.
Have bypassed the thermostat with no success. This started right after lightning struck a tree behind the home, which also zapped my phone.
Sounds like you did get zapped. Sounds like a relay but in cases like this it would be better to have a pro check. Do you have home owners insurance ? They will usually pick up the tab for lightning strikes. Robert may know more about this since he works on these units all the time.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Robert

When you say "bypassed t-stat", did you by-pass it or did you disconnect it ?

You don't have a Blower Relay. You have an Integrated Control Board (circuit board).

Power surge most likely ran in on circuit board and toasted it.

We have any parts that may be needed. This needs to be checked and as HVAC1000 stated, should/may be covered under homeowner's insurance.

Disconnect red wire(s) from t-stat (turn all power off first) and see if it continues to run.

If it keeps running, most likely the circuit board.

If it stops running, most likely the t-stat.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?