Delux blend air 2

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

GARY

Motor runs all time.Red light flashes green light is lit,have replaced both upper & lower boards. what do you think is doing this....Robert I don't need anymore parts until I can figure out whats wrong.Those boards set me back$ 180.oo. Could it be the damper motor? Thanks for reply...Gary
Last edited by GARY on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tnt17

try this.
http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ArticleBlendAir.html
otherwise robert will be here shortly i'm sure to answer or help more.
i've been told by 5 sources around here in the Carolina's don't hook them up, and that the manufacturer even says the same when they are called by tech's...parts and work on them are so obscure and too much 'if' they can even be fixed they are better left alone. i have on also, 6 tech's so far and it's still messed up. uncle finally unplugged power wire.
[url=http://www.stormpulse.com]Huricane & Thunderstorm Tracker link[/url]
Robert

Hi,

Parts are in stock, they're not that hard to work on and without them, unless you have adequate venting in attic, mold, mildew and condensation will form.

Most people who say unhook them don't know anything about them and are unwilling to learn.

Some home manufacturers even voided the home warranties if not used.

So, if unhooked, better have adequate venting to remove heat and/or moisture from attic cavity.

Here is our parts store page :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanBlendAir.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Mark
Site Admin

Often times if you've replaced both boards and the motor still constantly runs, you may have a shorted wire or a wire not connecting. Check the ends of your harness wires for corrosion. Clean and try again, or order a new wiring harness.

Like Robert said, unhooking the system will void any home warranty and you do risk getting an attic full of mold. During the summer all that heat will become trapped in your attic making your a/c work much harder. Some of you with high a/c bills may want to look into that. Plus the system brings in fresh air to the home giving you a healthier home.

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
GARY

Got one more question, if damper don't open will that cause motor to run all the time?
Robert

Hi,

It shouldn't, but with what you've stated above, it isn't doing anything as it should.

Have you followed every step carefully in the troubleshooting tips ?

If so, then you'll either have to find a qualified Tech to test it, or disconnect and find a seperate avenue for venting attic cavity and bringing fresh air in if needed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?