Intertherm blower assembly in Coleman furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

archive

I can't seem to find a blower motor for my Coleman Direct Vent Gas Furnace ModNo. 7956-856 SerNo. 068565667. Can anyone point me in the right direction... even another motor as a replacement???

snfisher
archive

Hi,

If your furnace has heat-only, then you'll need a 7966-311P motor. If you have a/c, post back as that'll take a bigger motor.

You can order the motor at the link below

Thanks,
Mark

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html
archive

Mark,
Thanks for your quick response.
Yes there is an a/c attached as well....
what is the larger motor you are recommending?
Steven Fisher
archive

Steven,

You probably need a 1468-2309 motor. If you run a big 4-ton a/c, then you probably need a 1468-235P/A. Take a look at the motor you have now. If your motor has wires coming from it, then you need the 1468-2309. If you connect directly to the motor with a plug, then you'll need the 1468-235P/A.

Pictures, pricing & other info can be found at the link below.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Mark
archive

Thanks Mark.
Yes, I have an AC, but I don't believe it's a 4 ton unit because my mobile home is only 14x70.

The motor I have looks alot like the 1468-220P shown on your web site with multiple colored wires. Green,White,Brown,Red,Black...?

Your last note mentioned a 1468-2309 as a possibility. Any photos? Multiple wire configuration?

Thanks again, Steven
I'm sure I'll buy from you. :^)
archive

Hi Steven,

Remove your motor and give us the specs listed on it. What HP, RPM, Coleman Part Number (CPN), etc... .

Also, look on front of blower housing and see if there is a model number listed for the blower assembly.

Thanks,
Robert
archive

Both photos are on the same page.

Thanks,
Mark
archive

Thanks again Robert and Mark,
Here's my real problem.

You asked about motor part number... I can't supply that because apparently the previous owner put an Intertherm blower cage complete with motor into my Coleman furnace as a replacement! So I can't pull what I have to provide you with any part numbers?

The current configuration seemed to work fine, but recently it began making grinding noises at startup. I think it's going and I want to restore my unit to the proper specs.

Any additional thoughts?

Steven
archive

Hi Steven,

Give me the info from the Intertherm blower assembly and motor.

I'll match it to the correct Coleman part.

Thanks,
Robert
archive

Robert,
The InterTherm model number is 900759 printed on the outside of the blower cage. I'm reluctant to disassemble the motor cage assembly to get to the motor model/ser no because the temps have dropped into the teens here overnight and I think the motor is ready to die. I've taken 4 photos of the motor, assembly, and schematics... does this help you determine what I need as a Coleman original replacement?
Thanks for your help!
Steven
archive

Hi Steven,

Forgot to ask earlier, what brand is your outside A/C Condenser ?

IF it is Intertherm, you have correct motor.

It is a common practice to install an Intertherm A/C system later on to a Coleman Furnace as a add-on.

When this is done, an Intertherm Blower Motor Assembly is installed.

Also, IF a Coleman A/C system is installed and the motor goes out, it is ok to replace with an Intertherm that equals the Coleman specs.

This is often done as well, they're both MH rated and interchangeable with each other.

You do sometimes have to rewire as connections may be different.

It all depends on what the installer sells or what he has available at time it is needed.

The fact it has already been wired and installed and working, it would be best to replace with what is there.

Especially if the A/C system is Intertherm.

Going to read your posts now, let me know what your A/C is.

Thanks,
Robert
archive

From reading the paper labels you posted pics of, your A/C is an Intertherm and is the correct unit to be installed with a Coleman 7900 series Gas Furnace.

Will get motor info by Monday.

You will need to diassemble to check thoroughly and see if there is a broken mounting bracket.

May not be the motor.

Thanks,
Robert
archive

Robert,
I've been knocked off my feet by the flu... just got back to my email. Was awaiting motor infor from you? Any additional info? Thanks for all your help.
Steven
archive

Was waiting to see if you had inspected to see if it was possibly a broken/loose mounting bracket.

Sent inquiry to get motor info from distributor. Should have that tomorrow.

Thanks,
Robert
archive

Robert,

Regarding the bracket being cracked or broken or not… I have been very reluctant from the start to remove the motor and motor cage to see the model/serno for fear that when I put it back it wouldn’t work. If this happened then me and the Mrs would have to leave our home until the unit got replaced. We can’t afford that. I was hoping that the information provided to you would be enough to determine the motor replacement part. Any information identifying the motor replacement part number that you can get would be greatly appreciated. You thought in your last reply on 12/20 you were expecting it the next day?

Thank you for all your replies and your helping me to figure this out without actually taking the unit apart. All my best.

Steven