Model DGAA077BDTA - red light and alarm

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Leslie

My unit is about six years old. Since we got it, occasionally when a breaker trips, my alarm has gone off and the red light flashes. As soon as I figure out which one it is and get everything back on, the alarm stops. Yesterday though the power in the town went out for a second and came back on. The alarm went off and the red light is flashing, but after the power came back on the alarm and light did not stop. I checked all of the outlets to see if any had popped, but they are all in tact. Everything is in the on position in my panel. My unit is working/cooling fine. I turned the alarm to the off position so I didn't have to listen to it. I have contacted two different HVAC companies, and no one has heard of an alarm on a unit before. They suggested I contact Coleman, which I tried, but could not get a live person.

I assume it is electrical. I do not see anything listed in the panel for an attic fan. There is a note that says "Lockout Supplies: dishwasher, attic fan, furnace, water heater." I don't know what that means.

A friend of mine turned the gas off, but I just recently turned it back on. I assume that is okay since the unit is working okay.

Can you tell me how to get this alarm off? Thank you so much !

Leslie
tnt17

do you have a picture of it? is it below the blower unit, with a rocker switch, and a green or red light option?
Robert

Hi,

That is most likely your Deluxe Blend Air II system.

Here is some troubleshooting info to help :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ArticleBlendAir.html

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
tnt17

Robert wrote:Hi,

That is most likely your Deluxe Blend Air II system.

Here is some troubleshooting info to help :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ArticleBlendAir.html

Robert
hit it on the head, eh robert? lol.
i had many discussions with the same issue Leslie, robert so much helped me out on it.
Robert

Hi Leslie,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Leslie

Okay, one more question please. I called an AC repairman to come out. He said my attic fan was clogged up with cottonwood and was no longer working. He took it with him and is waiting to hear back from Coleman on a replacement part. My question is does the attic fan have to be Coleman? Why I ask is because I mentioned I was having a digital thermostat put in over the weekend, and he told me it had to be a Coleman, but when I talked to a parts store, they said I could use any brand. I bought one at Walmart and it works fine. This concerns me a little.

Thanks !
Leslie
Robert

Hi Leslie,

T-stat can be any brand designed for your type system.

Blend Air Attic Fan should be a Coleman as that is who makes this system.

Here is our blend air parts page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanBlendAir.html

May help you to get correct part and not be overcharged.

Thanks,
Robert