Blower motor out?

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

I'm a pretty good troubleshooter, and this seems straight forward enough, but I've never really played w/ HVAC systems before.

This is in a used 94 Fleetwood. Seems to be a coleman, model on sticker is EB15A.

There is another sticker that says the blower is part # 3500-690.

The other day the a/c kicked in, but all that happened was a whine & an electrical burning smell.

After some checking, I noticed the blower fan was just barely moving. When I pushed it, it kicked in & ran at what appeared to be normal speed. I've left it off since tho.

So . . . is this a bad motor, as I think, or not? And where can I get a replacement motor?

Thanks!

Ty
hvac1000

ww
Last edited by hvac1000 on Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Robert

Hi,

The motor and capacitor in above post is for Heat only.

Your furnace with a/c requires the following:

Blower Motor # 3400A321P @ $181.26

Run Capacitor # 1499-4421 @ $6.61

Shipping = $17.50

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

Add items to cart and order through PayPal or call toll free to 1-877-263-7860 and charge to Visa or Mastercard.

If the other parts have been ordered already, call the toll free number tomorrow morning to cancel and change order.

Thanks for inquiring and allowing us to assist you.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?

aww crud! I ordered the first set already. It's in PayPal limbo at the moment, so no money has transfered.

Who do I need to contact to get the order changed?

Thanks!

Ty
Robert

email me your name on order at [email protected]

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
hvac1000

Sorry tymanthius's for the mess up. I read what I thought was the correct number for your unit but it was not. Sorry.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

No problem - that was the least issue we had with my order. Murphy lives at my house. Everyone was GREAT at handleing it.

However, I need to be pointed at a wiring diagram to get the new motor & run cap. hooked up correctly. The old motor is so grimy the colors don't show correctly so that I can just do a 'monkey-copy'.

Thanks.

Just took a better look. Old motor has 4 wires, plus ground. New one has 5, plus ground. Not sure what do with that.

After much scraping of grime off the old motor, I figured out what was what.

The new motor had wiring for lo/med/hi, the old had only lo/hi. Thus the extra wire. The rest was str8 forward.

New motor is in & running. Dawg is very happy - she likes a/c. ;)

Thanks!

Ty
Robert

Hi Ty,

Just crawled in the door, been a loooooonnnnngggggg day, so just reading this.

Glad you got her going and all is cool at your house.

A tip of my hat to you also for being such a great customer !!

Thanks again.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert