new thermostat

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

darrenjw

I have a coleman presidential 3 furnace. I just replaced the old manual thermostat with a new digital programmable hunter thermostat. I was told that if I left the digital thermostat on the heat setting, everything would work fine since I have to switch between heat and cool on the furnace unit itself. However, when I turn the switch on the furnace to cool, the blower turns on regardless of what temperature the thermostat is set at. I don't know if the a/c outside turns on or not. When I am heating my mobile home, everything runs normally. This is a two wire system. Any suggestions? (Wiring is r-r, w-w with a jumper between rh-rc)
Robert

Hi,

When the furnace mode switch is set to Cool, the inside blower motor and outside Condenser Unit should come on immediately.

May be nothing wrong.

Is the new t-stat battery operated ?

How many control boxes are inside your furnace ?

Is there a Transformer mounted inside controls area of outside Condenser Unit ?

Check also and see if outside Condenser is running when the inside blower comes on when switched to Cool.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?