Location of filter for Coleman/Evcon Presidential Furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rivers2000

I live in a 16 year old mobile home with a Coleman/Evcon Presidential gas furnace (sorry I don't know where to find the model number) and the filter has never been changed. :( Yes, I know a very dangerous situation and very costly as the furnace struggles to push air through what has to be a very dirty filter. I have searched the furnace up one side and down the other and have found no opening for a filter location. I am on a tight budget and don't want to have to call a repair person to "find" it for me and then charge me a huge fee for replacing it. I am quite capable of going to a store and getting a new filter. I just need to know where to look for it. Can someone please help?
hvac1000

I believe the filter goes in the louvered door on the front of the furnace. You might also need a filter clip/holder if yours is missing.

Look on this page for parts and filters.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanFilters.html
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
rivers2000

Sorry. I had already looked there and there isn't anything there. BTW I did find that the model number is 3900, if that helps.
hvac1000

Sorry about that. I thought all colemans use a louvered front door and the filter just fits in and is held down with the metal holder.

Could be Robert will know of a different filter for yours.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
rivers2000

I checked the door and there isn't even a place on it for one. Don't all furnaces have filters?
jgiroux

7670-3451 Clips for foam furnace filter

7660-3401 Foam Furnace Filter

this should be all u need goes inside the door on the top u have the same one i do :P when i moved into my house the old owner i found had taken it off the door so i found myself asking the same thing u did it even looks like a filter should not go there but should be vents on the door and u just put this foam up and then clips on its very easy :P hope that helps
rivers2000

Here all this time I thought it was something that was hidden away that I had to take a screwdriver to to access! If I've gone all this time without a filter, should I worry about it now? :lol:
Yanita

Hi,

After 16 years your furnace probably needs a real good cleaning. In the task menu above click on "HVAC", then click on "ARTICLES", Robert has some good tips and instructions on how to clean your furnace.

Happy Holidays,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
rivers2000

Thank yoU! I now know what to look at and where to find it! LOL
jgiroux

:) glad i could help ya i would prob clean it and yes i would put the filter back in just so your house don't get the crap into the air :P well happy holidays
Robert

The filter and filter rack was at the page link that HVAC1000 gave.

Be sure to have the furnace professionally cleaned by a Tech, not safe to continue to operate after 16 years without a filter.

The model number can be found on front of furnace facing on a metal tag or paper sticker.

It will also show serial number and all furnace specs.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?