Coleman Evcon DGAT090BDD

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

riddleclan

I have a Coleman Evcon DGAT090BDD that is about 12yrs old. This year it started acting up. It will run about 5 times for about 7 - 11 min. each time, shut off for about 5 - 15 sec. and then kick on again. On the fifth time kicking on the green light will start to blink 4 times and then it won't kick back on until I turn the power switch off for a few seconds and then back on and then we will go through the same thing. My husband said that he can turn down the thermostat temp until it 'clicks' and then turn it back up and that seems to work (haven't tried that myself). The Thermostat is a Hunter Model #44260 digital and have had it for about 5 years.

I wanted to check with you guys to see if you had any suggestions that I may be able check before I call in the service guys.

Thank you in advance for any info that you may be able to give:)

Jeanette
Robert

Hi Jeanette,

Four flashes indicates a Limit Switch cycling. Locate the Limits and jumper them one at a time to see if it stops with the jumper on.

This will locate a weakened Limit, but remember it may be tripping for a reason other than a weak limit.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?