Had same problem as some others about furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Utahboyz

Had same problem with my furnace, DGAT075BDC, as some others about it clinking or igniter coming back on during middle of heating cycle and such. Did all the cleaning, checked all connections, even redid some connections. But now it seems to be working ok. But I did notice on the "Ignition Module" that some of the male tabs for the connectors were lose, mainly the one for the valve, so I used popsicle sticks, sized to fit, to prop the connections in place. I just recently order a new "I-M" with a local H-C Co. So I'll check back with any updates I have when I replace the "I-M".... Oh I forgot to mention, don't over oil the booster motor. Doing so caused some oil to drip down some wires and onto the "I-M" and into the case, which maybe the cause to all my problems..... :oops:
Robert

If you have a question, ask away. Otherwise, giving suggestions and/or advice on solutions for HVAC problems is not allowed unless qualified to do so.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Utahboyz

Sorry, just trying to be helpful. I've learned though life that being helpful or helping others is kinda like a catch-22 or double edged sword ....
Robert

Yes, IF you are experienced enough to not cost someone money or worse, injury/death with your advice.

Guessing at HVAC DIY is not safe.

This is a DIY forum monitored by very experienced people to ensure that those things hopefully do not happen.

I do appreciate your willingness to offer help to others though, please keep at it, but also know your limitations.

This is for your safety as well.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?