problem with DGaa077BDTA

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

elkie

hey,

bought this house in july, the furance was replace 1 to 2 years before we got this i belive.

Anyways, first off, we do not have the manual for the furance(once one that the lady had lost)...is there a place to dl a copy of this is pdf format?

Second the problem is heater wont run...you move the t-stat at house you hear noise from furance...look in after a little bit you see the pilot light heat up. and right when it would click before to start blower, it shuts off...

I saw the info for the blinking or solid light, but this morning before work i looked all over and could not find any light at all, had top and bottom covers off....lights off in room...never seen any lights where is this light they talk about at?

Thanks in advacne for any help..
Mark
Site Admin

The light is generally on your control board. The control board is inside a metal box with a couple other parts. Normally there's a small glass window on the box to look thru and see it. Look for it after your furnace has quit running (but don't shut the power off or the light will shut off).

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
elkie

thanks i'll have to double check that.

after looking over your site it seems as though the remote flame sensor is bad. but have to wail to see the lights when i get home. since the pilot light is on a good 15-20 secs before it all goes out.

thanks for the fast reply
elkie

well finally found the darn light thing....

Well once the pilot light goes out...the light flashes 1 time.

so it's ignition failure.....
Robert

Hi,

Ignition failure is usually one of these 3:

Flame Sensor # 025-35354-000 @ $21

Hot Surface Ignitor (HSI) # 1474-052P @ $39.99

Gas Valve (least likely)

Go here to see them, click on pics for enlarged views:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

On the Flame Sensor, do not touch with bare hands/fingers. Clean the metal L shaped end gently with steel wool.

Inspect the white ceramic shroud end for cracks.

Once clean and with no cracks or noticeable damage, I would suspect the HSI.

Do not touch it with bare hands/fingers either.

Either or both can be ordered at the link through Paypal or by calling toll free to 1-877-263-7860.

Thanks for inquiring and allowing us to assist you.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?