Evcon furance code 5

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

djmoravek

I have an Evcon furnace model DGAT075BDD and after the local propane company came over and installed a new tank and checked the furnace it began to not run right. I’ve replaced a few parts but its still acting up and giving me a code 5 now. But here is a list of problems and fixes I’ve done to try to repair the problem. I see that there is a code 5, but what is my next step?

Problems in order:

1. Furnace igniter would not energize
a. Fixed by jumping the high limit switch, then replacement
2. Furnace kicks on now but would turn back on when it should not turn. For example furnace would turn on when temp was SET at 65 and the inside temp was 75. But only the blower would turn on.
a. I replaced the thermostat and the circuit board.
3. Now I am getting a code 5. (gas valve energizes without a call for heat)
a. So the furnace will turn on heat and then cycle off normally. Then the second time it gives the code 5 and only turns on the fan.

Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks
-D
Robert

Had it been running on Propane and you just got a new tank or did you just change to LP ?

With all the replacement parts already, may be best to call a Tech to look at it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
djmoravek

It was a new tank, It was already using propane. Strange thing is that it will turn on even when the thermostat is set to off. I think I'll check the gas valve for contiguity.
Robert

That along with the other stuff sounds like the circuit board acting up.

Is it grounded properly ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?