Coleman 3500a816 no fan no power out of transformer

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

oregoniscold

OK the important stuff Coleman 3500A816 S/N 019273689. A while back the fan stopped working every time it should have. The fan worked from time to time, it was somewhat random and unpredictable when it would or wouldn't work. It was suggested to me that the sequencers might be going bad so I tested across all of them when the elements were on to see if power was getting through. Funny thing is that every time I would test them the fan would work. (I scratched my head many times) In desperation some cold nights I would test them in a hope that I was somehow causing them to trip and send power through. After this Voodoo didn't work consistently I studied the wiring diagram over and over... ect.... (This wasn't the first time I read the diagram) I traced the power in /out/ through/ and I now have enough knowledge about this machine to... well... to ask you what to do. Yet I procrastinated until the darn thing just stopped working at all. Looking back this is the best thing to happen because I took my forgotten knowledge and tested everything. Following the power around I got to the transformer and tested it... Power in--- check Power out----??? No. Let me check my millimeter... ground good, functioning-- check. HMM? change setting to detect lower voltage ---- still nothing. I have, in all my knowledge (Vast---no, self proclaimed -- check) determined that this must be my problem. I removed the transformer and couldn't resist taking the plastic covers off and found, on the load side where the pins connect there is some discoloration in the plastic that looks like it could have failed at that point. To sum this up, the part # on mine is 3400-384, input 240v out 24v 10va the part you have listed is 3400-3841XXX 230v 24v 10va. So what do I need and where can I get it? Also any ideas why the transformer went bad and what can I test to make sure this isn't the effect of the real problem????? Thank you!
hvac1000

Your part number is

621299 Transformer = 3400-384

order on this page (top right side)

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

Thank you and have a great Thanksgiving.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.