burner won't stay lit...chokes out

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Rob

coleman #7956A856.standing pilot........I put new roof on trailer and simply extended chimney.......converted from nat gas to LP....pilot stays lit....burner lites but goes out when peephole is closed....new orfice,thermocoupler,and thermostat.....would that have something to do with roof jack..chimney length ...combustion air?????...what is the fix???? Rob
Robert

Hi,

Did you extend it with a Coleman roof-jack extension ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Rob

no I didn't use a coleman roof jack...but just now I noticed the data chart on the furnace..so I'll measure from the top of the furnace to the top of the roof and check the chart and order the proper roof jack from your website to start with....any other suggestions for me Robert??
Robert

Hi,

See what that does first. You must have the correct roof-jack and any extensions for the furnace.

You'll need the hydroment sealant to seal around the flashing and swivel joints.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?