heat working, a/c not working - outside fan doesn't come on

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

wmbpc

I have a coleman E2EB-015HA unit outside and an Intertherm unit inside and a few days ago I noticed the a/c not working, since it has been cold outside we have been using the heat, or just the fan to circulate the air in the home. But now it's back warm again and the a/c won't work nor will the fan (on the top of unit) on the unit outside. I was wondering if there was a relay for the a/c and fan outside and where they are located? The unit also has an exterior thermostat on the outside of the unit. The heat seems to work fine but the fan outside doesn't come on. Any help would be appreciated.
Robert

E2EB-015HA is an inside electric furnace, not an outside unit. Did you get those backwards, inside and outside units ?

Also, if you have an outdoor t-stat, you have a Heat Pump unit.

There is a contactor inside outdoor condenser control panel that controls the compressor and condenser fan motor.

What is outside unit model number and brand ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
wmbpc

It is a heat pump, the outside unit is a coleman evcon model # DRHQ0421CD. Is the control panel where the contactor easily accessable to change or check the contactor?
Robert

Yes, look around unit for a small/med size panel where the wires are going to.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?