Coleman Evcon Presidential Gas Furnace Problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jgiroux

Model # DGRT070AUA

We recently replaced the blower motor on our furnace and now the blower works on continuous but not on Automatic. This was happening before the blower was changed as well but was accomplanied by the motor randomly shutting itself off. When on auto, when the thermostat is turned up, the burner turns on but the blower does not. What needs to be replaced now?
hvac1000

Here is the part

7975-3281 Fan Switch

Here is where to order

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

left side half way down page.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
jgiroux

thanks will order the part asap. one question though...where is the fan switch located on the furnace? sometimes the blower and the burner go on at the same time but do not turn off when on auto. the burner runs for a long period of time and turns off but the blower stays on.
hvac1000

Look for the disc that has this range on it.

CLOSE 110° OPEN 90°

Look in the box that is on the front of the furnace behind the furnace door.

Inside the box will be a transformer and some relays.
You will find two disc's that will look like what you ordered
According to what I can tell the disc on the left will be the one you want to replace. Just double check the open close numbers I gave you.

If you have a question once you get the part post back.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Robert

It will say F110-20 .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jgiroux

thanks both of you for your help the numbers robert said are right and the part is right thanks guys i will order this from you guys asap and will post again if more help is needed or prob is still there
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jgiroux

the fan switch worked great. the fan is doing what its supposed to now. however, for some reason we only have heat through one side of the house. the left side of the house is getting too much heat and the right side is getting barely any heat. the right side of the house is way too cold and the left side is like a sauna. all the ducts are connected. we are getting air through the vents just very little. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Robert

Which side is the furnace on ?

Have you checked the cross-over duct(s) ?

Thanks,
Robert
jgiroux

no i have not where are they located and also the furnace is on the very hot side
Robert

Probably just one, but may be two.

Go underneath home and look for large flex duct hanging down below underbelly.

It should be connected under the furnace and stretched across to connect to other side trunkline.

They get torn, kinked, come loose, etc. and no air gets to other side.

Best to replace with two 90* metal elbows and metal duct across.

Or, the two 90* ells and flex duct stretched tight between them.

Stops alot of problems this way.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
jgiroux

k thanks again robert i helped someone else in other topic fix air filter gave her both part numbers also i will go under in the morning tommarow already 3:19am here well im off to bed talk to you tomarrow robert
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Yep, me too. Burning midnight oil trying to catch up on the forum questions.

Eyelids getting very heavy,LOL.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
jgiroux

thx worked great heat comes out all vents right now house is warm on both sides what had happend is i went down to look for the big flex duct coming out of under belly and the big flex duct was held up by a big zip tie and some duct tape lol fell down new zip tie andduct tap its all better now thx again for all your loads of help
Robert

Hi,

That's great, glad it is ok now and you're very welcome.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert