Coleman Furnace Model 7680B Series 856

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

crusaderjsj

Coleman Furnace Model 7680B Series 856----Sometimes the furnace seems to get stuck and it keeps going off and on, off and on--especially when it is running at a higher temperature like 70 degrees...at 65 degrees it doesn't seem to happen or doesn't happen as often. Last winter I replaced the fan/limit with part no. S1-7975-3281, but perhaps it is defective. If I turn the furnace off for awhile it will work okay again.

It has two limit switches #7680-379, one is on the front and one is by the blower, would these have anything to do with it--description says they turn off the gas at certain times.

Thanks for your help, Jardy
hvac1000

It could be closed off registers in parts of the home. They all need to be open in our types of homes.

Dirty air filter
Blocked cold air return
A thermostat that has the heat anticipator set incorrectly.
Could be a heat limit or other control that has fell out of calibration.
Dirty air conditioning coil will also block air flow and cause a problem.
A blower running at to slow a speed can also cause this lind of problem
A dirty blower wheen will also cause this kind of problem.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
bilbar25

...It could be closed off registers in parts of the home. They all need to be open in our types of homes...

I just happened to catch this comment in passing by.

Are you saying that it isn't proper to close off a register in a room that perhaps gets a bit too warm?

Thanks....Bill
[color=red]When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so when you die, the world cries and you rejoice![/color]
Robert

Yep, all registers should remain open at all times. The ducts are made of thin aluminum and smaller than conventional housing and the change in static pressure could cause problems.

That is just the main reason.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?