Coleman 3400-820

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

big_red78

I have a coleman 3400-820 furnace in my home. Last fall it started to act up on me. The elements would kick in and the fan wouldn't. It would sit and hum. Started looking at the wire diagram. It shows there should be two sequencers and there is not. Everything kicks on at the same time. Elements on Fan on- Elements off Fan off . What is there instead of sequencers is a Cutler Hammer C25DNF340 DEFINITE PURPOSE CONTACTOR 40A 3P OPEN 120V. It all looks factory except it has a sheet metal screw screwed in the front of it. If you could let me know if this was factory or not, and if I should put sequencers back into it.

Thanks

Jeremy :?:
Last edited by big_red78 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
big_red78

Sorry guy's 3400-820 not 8400-820
Robert

Hi Jeremy,

A contactor ~can~ be used if that is all available, BUT it has to be correct one/size and wired right. Then, it should be replaced by sequencer as soon as possible.

You can see and order sequencer on left side here through PayPal by adding to cart:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

Sequencer # 3120A3571 @ $50.64 + $6.00 shipping .

Click on pic for enlarged view.

OR, by calling toll free between 9AM and 5PM CST Mon - Fri to

1-877-263-7860 and charging to Visa or Mastercard.

If you are in Canada, let me know for added info.

Thanks.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?