Blend Air 2 system trouble

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bandonandy

I have a Blend air 2 system and had to replace the fan assembly up on the roof due to corrosion (I live near the ocean). That was two years ago.

Recently, the Blend air alarm came on and I used the trouble-shooting procedure on this site. It's a real help, by the way.

I traced the trouble down to the control board up on the motor/blower assembly on the roof. And I actually had saved the old one from when I did the replacement so I stuck that in and now it's working fine.

My question is this: the control board that I replaced was only two years old and looks in pristine shape since it was enclosed in that little box atop the blower assembly. Is this a problem area for these systems? Is there a warranty on this part?

The original worked for 5 years and is in use as I write this. (I'm going to replace it since that little four prong connector is a bit corroded even though I cleaned it up.)

Thanks.

Andy
Robert

Hi Andy,

If it was purchased from us, no warranty is still available. It's doubtful anyone else would have a warranty on it after 2 years, but can't say for sure.

Those are like all circuit/control boards. They can fail for a variety of reasons.

I wouldn't say that they are any more prone to failure than other parts.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?