DGAA090BDTA coleman

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

monotonetruth

hey I'm working on a furnace Coleman DGAA090BDTA and its telling me that the pressure switch is bad. with a little suction i can hear the switch work so i am wondering if it could be something else or if the switch is bad, or how i can tell what it is exactly????
Robert

If it says the pressure switch, it could be the switch itself, the booster motor, the tubes, the air pipe causing switch to not close.

You would have to test the water column pressure to see if it is switch or motor.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
monotonetruth

how do i test the water column pressure? ...... i have checked the tubes, and they are like new. and it sounds to me like the booster motor is running just fine.
Robert

You would need special tools and equipment plus experience to test for that.

Test the pressure switch and see what voltage it reads across the two connections.

Does it read 24VAC and then drop to 0VAC or does it read 24VAC always ?

If it reads 24VAC at all times and booster motor sounds to be running full speed, most likely the switch.

Without a Tech to test it, you would have to decide whether to replace switch or not.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
monotonetruth

Thank you very much for all the help, we ordered the pressure switch (from your site) and installed it. bingo .....the furnace worked. so thanks again for the help.
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome and thank you for the kind words and for ordering with us.

Glad it is working again.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert