Coleman Evcon EB17B - fan blows constantly

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

BOOGER1KS

Furnace model # is an EB17B
It has a Deluxe Blend Air II model # 7681-8171/B
the Heat Pump is a Lennox model # 10HPB36-14P

When I turn on the heater the furnace fans turns on & the Heat Pump outside makes a whirring sound. Warm air then blows through the vents. When the heat pump stops whirring the furnace fan continues to blow but now it's just cold air. I assume that the whirring sound means that the heater is on as when I hear it I get heat through the vents & when the sound stops I get cold air blowing. The furnace fan never shuts off.

My husband and I thought that the fan should cycle with the heater resulting in only getting warm air blown in.

Is my furnace operating correctly? If not, could you advise where to check first.

Thanks, Sharlene
hvac1000

The first thing to check is your thermostat. See if the fan switch is turned to automatic or on. You want to have it set to automatic or your fan will run all the time.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
BOOGER1KS

The fan switch is on auto at the T-stat.
Robert

Can you take a pic of wiring diagram and post it ? I don't have info data on your unit, but that would help.

If you have t-stat set for the normal heat from heat pump, then it is most likely a stuck blower relay in furnace heat pump control box.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
BOOGER1KS

Rpbert, Thanks for your quick response. I have a copy of the wiring diagram but I'm having a problem getting my scanner to work to send it to you. Do you have a fax machine? I can have my Husband fax you a copy of it. Thanks again, Sharlene
Robert

Hi,

Sorry, no I don't at the moment. You can call Mark toll free today after 9AM CST at 1-877-263-7860 and ask for his fax number ?

Tell him I asked you to call and he can then foward it to me.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?