Furnace won't ignite

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mallmon

Hello, I am new here, and I have looked around the site and found it to be fantastic. Lots of friendly advise and help. So this is my issue. Coleman Evcon gas furnace Mod- DGATO7OBDC is not igniting, I can see the glowing ignitor, but no burner. It cycles 3 times and gives up. Now I just bought this place and it has had plumbing and electrical issues, but I am going to be needing heat real soon. Any help is greatly needed, thanks.
Mike A.
Robert

Hi Mike,

It could be ignitor not energized completely, ignitor mounted away from burner, gas valve faulty, gas pressure problem, spider/web in gas valve to burner orifice.

On a call for heat, if the small booster motor starts within 2-3 seconds, then after a while the ignitor starts glowing, then one of the above is most likely the problem.

If you have a meter, test across the wires connected to gas valve and see if it is getting 24-28vac.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mallmon

Thanks Robert, I cleaned and checked the furnace, it is not getting the 24v to the gas valve. The booster motor starts but no volts to turn gas on. Is there something that I may have missed or do I need a Ignition Controler. Thanks.
Mike
Robert

Hi Mike,

Ignition Module : TH-------------GND = 24 VAC

VALVE---------GND = 24 VAC

Test across those, one lead on each and see if you get those readings WITH a call for heat.

Set t-stat to HEAT/COOL/85* for testing, this should give call for heat.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mallmon

Hi Robert, Just got a chance to check these voltages, I had 26v at TH- ground and only .5v at valve- ground. Is there anything else that I should be looking for??
Thanks for the help.
Mike
Robert

Hi Mike,

Send me an email at [email protected] .

Thanks,
Robert