Coleman Model# 3500A820 Blower kicks on but no heat

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

WayneB.

Hi all,
Okay first let me say that i'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to furnaces but i do know my way around a test meter lol.That being said...1st of all the heat pump is a nordyne and it went out this summer...had my next door neighbor's son,(who is a hvac guy),look at it and already know that it will have to be replaced next summer...he told me that the furnace would work for heat this winter so long as the Heat Pump/Furnace switch was switched to furnace and demonstrated this to me...it was blowing heat. now however the blower kicks on but only blows cold air and naturally he has moved out of state lol.Unfortunately i just had my 5th heart attack and can't work so money is very tight.I've checked the thermostat and when the contacts (mercury switches?), move to the on position there is a spark in the one for the blower but nothing in the one for the elements.all fuses have been replaced but there is no change. Even tried it on the emergency heat mode but no change. Can this unit be run without the heat pump this winter and if so is there any help you can give me in figuring out how to get it to heat?...can unit be disconnected from the heat pump to run as a stand alone furnace and again if it can be how do i accomplish this?
Thanks so much for your time and help with this problem....it is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
W.M.B
Robert

Hi,

Did you switch the t-stat to EM. HEAT ? That would turn on furnace only if wired correctly and working.

If so, I would still go outside to Heat Pump unit disconnect box on wall and flip OFF or pull the disconnect plug.

That will ensure outside stays OFF.

Look at this pic:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/media/i ... 0-367P.jpg

This is an example of a Heat Pump t-stat. Notice the switches. If yours has those, you switch it to EM. HEAT.

Try HEAT/AUTO/EM. HEAT and turn outdoor Heat Pump OFF.

Let me know if that helped and what is furnace brand and model number ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?