Coleman Furnaces

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mwj81158

It sure sounds like Coleman / York furnaces have a lot of problems. I paid $2500 for the furnace and installation 7 years ago and every other year I have had to replace the egniter. Two years after I had it installed they had to replace the whole heat exchange because the welds had cracked. and now this year I am replacing the gas valve at a cost of $192.00 with instalation. The next furnace will not be a Coleman!!

Sincerely,

Michael
Robert

Hi Michael,

Coleman doesn't have any more problems than the other manufacturers of mobile home furnaces.

It is not always the furnace either, but often the installer and repair person.

Did you contact Coleman about the heat exchanger ?

When you are told that parts keep needing replaced constantly, I would be getting second and third opinions.

Sorry you feel this way, but Coleman is who this should be directed at, not us.

We sell parts and offer technical advice, but we are not Coleman and do not work for them.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mwj81158

I do not mean to direct my venting towards anyone but coleman!! Everything up to this gas valve was covered by the Coleman warranty. My warranty expired last year. I know all furnaces have problems now and then but I used coleman certified technicians to do all the work. When I need to replace teh furnace I will investigate other options though.

Please do not take this personal, It wsa kind of meant to let people know that in avery short time you may have several problems. If you are optioned a warranty buy it, it is well worth it.

With Kindness,

Michael
Robert

Hi Michael,

That is more clear, thanks. I have been in this trade for 28+ years.

No matter the brand, buy the warranty.

My first sentence in previous reply is true.

You are limited in a MH as it must be MH rated if gas and correct size no matter.

It also must have MH duct rated blower motor.

You can also buy a lemon furnace the same as with anything else.

It takes alot of homework, a good warranty and good maintenance to come out on top and sometimes, you still have problems.

A competant Tech can resolve repeat problems and should not continue replacing, but instead correct the problem.

Just trying to let you know that simply changing brands won't always solve the issues.

Sometimes it does, but most often it doesn't.

Due to your warranty, you most likely paid less than $4 a day for heating so far, which isn't bad considering the comfort it brings.

Headaches would be worst of it due to the problems.

You can get better equipment if you saty within codes, BUT you will pay more and increase your daily cost for the heat you receive.

Kinda comes down to cost versus headaches.

I do hope your next unit gives you less problems though.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?