coleman DGAT090BDD ignition failure

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

multitasker

I am having trouble with a Coleman furnace that won't complete the cycle. The ignitor comes on the flame lights and then goes out and the diagnostic says ignition failure. Safeties all seem to be made, is there a check I can make with my multimeter to eliminate the flame sensor as the problem? What voltage should be read at the sensor connection? The hot surface ignitor stays on constant, even after lock out, is this normal? I feel this may be a control board problem but would like to rule out the flame sensor.
Robert

Try this and I'll get back with you later tonight, headed back out at the moment.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/TechTip1.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
multitasker

Robert; thanks I had that stupid thing out twice before and thought I had cleaned it. Really didn't look like it was dirty. But I took it out one more time, took steel wool to it and poof it works.
Thank you.
Robert

HI,

You're very welcome, glad it took care of it.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?