Coleman unit

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

y8tstrio

Ok so here goes...this is my first time posting so please bare with me. We have a Coleman outside unit and an Intertherm inside. My question is this: When you take the front cover off and look inside, there is this long insulated black plastic wrapped duct hanging from what I think will be a vent in the ceiling ,ok, that used to be attached to something somewhere behind the a coil, the only thing is this unit is in our utility room and there is no other way to get to this without making a door through the sheet rock and my husband (who is tall could lean in to put his arms behind the unit and try to feel for a place for it to go) couldn't find a spot where it is missing from/????!!! Anyway could someone please tell us what this is and where it came from. At the loose end that is dangling there is a plastic gasket looking deal with a nail or screw in the hole that probably was holding it in.
hvac1000

More than likely that is a duct for a blend air system. Many times they build our homes so they can use different types of furnaces. I am sure it has been working fine without it attached.

Robert can probably give you more info on this than I can.
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Robert

Hi,

It connects to a plastic collar with a large metal screw clamp.

Look at the oval collar in center of this pic and the screw clamp:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/media/i ... 14229B.jpg

The collar is mounted to back top of furnace behind the a-coil.

From what you stated, the oval collar may be attached to the flex duct and may have come loose from the furnace.

If your husband uses a mirror, he can look for the oval hole where it goes.

It brings in fresh air to mix with the return air.

Thanks,
Robert

t
Last edited by Robert on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
y8tstrio

Thanks so much I really appreciate it! I will tell him to look for that.
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?