Coleman Evcon model ZDGAH077BBSAJ

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mwj81158

I am having a problem producing heat. The furnace ignites and runs properly per the solid green light. It doesn't matter how long I run it it does not throw heat. all the registers are flowing properly. I am at a loss.

Please HELP!

Thanks,

Michael
Robert

Do you have a solid blue flame from burner ?

Could be a spider/web in the burner orifice.

Could also be a loose or open duct releasing the heat.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mwj81158

The flame is mostly a solid blue flame but dose have some orange flame also.

Michel
Robert

Check the orifice for spider/web, if nothing there, check the duct system.

You can remove floor registers, lay flashlight down in duct and go to next register and hold mirror down inside to see duct.

Keep going down the line looking for openings.

Otherwise, you'll need to call a Tech out.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mwj81158

Humbly Grateful!!!!!!!!!!!
Robert

Hi Michel,

You're very welcome, happy to help. Did you find anything ?

Wanted to add that could be a problem with combustion air intake in the roof-jack/flue .

Also could be gas pressure problem which could also be gas valve.

With what you stated, without being there, it sounds like it is not getting full burn or proper gas pressure at burner.

Robert
mwj81158

I have someone coming today to check the furnace. I will let you know the results.

Michael
mwj81158

Just wanted to let you know, I had the furnace cleaned by a reliable service man. The Gas Valve was the problem. I had a feeling the flame was not big enough.

Thank you for your help.

Michael
Robert

Hi Michael,

That's great, glad it is taken care of. You're very welcome and thanks for the update.

Robert