Furnace won't ignite

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

wshenefelt

Hey, It is me again. I found that the gas valve on the Duo Therm was bad and they don't make parts for them anymore. I found a used furnace, Coleman Evcon model # DGAA090BDTA, and installed it but have no owner's manual or any information about it. I got it all hooked up but when there is a call for heat, the little draft motor is all I hear coming on. I am not 100% sure I hooked up everything correctly but all I had to hook up was the gas, electricity, and the two wires from the thermostat. I am not sure how I could have messed that up. I can hear some clicking happening at the gas valve, but cycles on for a second and off, then a minute or so later it tries to cycle on but turns off, No flame. The thing finally shuts down and quits trying, and then the green lignt just flashes about 1 time every second or two. I don't know if it is just bad luck or what, but at least I should be able to get parts for this one.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Wayne
Mark
Site Admin

When the furnace turns on, after the booster motor starts you should be able to see the glow of the ignitor. Ignitors are fragile (although better ones will soon be on the market), so it could have easily been damaged during the process of setting up the furnace. If it's not glowing, it's either broke or you have other issues. Part number for your ignitor is 1474-052P.

When you installed the furnace, I hope you also installed the correct roof jack?

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!